The Countryside Foundation Stockport recognises that parents, carers and guardians play an important role in influencing the decision that their children make. You might be a young parent or carer yourself, possibly on your own.
We want to work with you to help prepare your child for the future. We aim to make sure that your child gets the best information, advice and support so that they make realistic life choices.
Our Personal Advisers will:
- Provide information, help and advice on courses, qualifications and careers
- help young people find jobs and training
- help to select further and higher education courses
There are many other organizations that can help your son/daughter make decisions. A Personal Adviser can act as an important link between teachers, careers advisers, youth workers, social workers and health workers
They will also work with other specialist organsiations to help young people
- with learning difficulties or disabilities
- experiencing problems with issues like relationships, drugs, money and accommodation
Your son or daughter might also benefit from our Activity Agreements
Department for children, schools and families
Information on Educational Maintenance Allowances
The Countryside Foundation Stockport
0161 475 7700