Q. Recently my brother has been acting really weird when he comes home after he’s been out with his mates. I know his mates are doing drugs and I’m worried that my brother is also doing them. What should I do? I don’t really want to say anything to my mum.

A. It’s understandable that you’re worried. You may want to in touch with the National Drugs Helpline on 0800 77 66 00. They will be able to help you so that you can talk to your brother. Also, check out the links on the Drugs and alcohol page.

Q. I’m 16 and I’m going to a party next week. Am I allowed to buy beer to take to the party?

A. Legally, no. At 16 you can buy beer with a meal in the restaurant or room used for meals in a pub or hotel. If you do drink at the party don’t lose track of how much you have drank; drinking too much can lead to loss of consciousness or alcoholic poisoning. Long-term, too much drinking can lead to serious liver, heart and stomach problems. Look at the Drugs and alcohol page for useful links.